The Iowa House of Representatives and the Iowa Senate have both passed House File 565, entitled “Corporate Service & Names” (House Passed the bill, 90-0; Senate Passed the bill, 49-0). The proposed law allows for service against a foreign corporation, which does not have a certificate to do business in the state, by certified mail to the foreign corporation’s secretary at its principal office. The bill further allows a professional LLC to be referred to as a “professional limited company” or abbreviations of that name; such as, PLC. The bill will now go to the Governor for signing.
Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- RT @LexisNewsroom: Peter S. Vogel: How to Avoid Cloud Contract Disasters lexisnexis.com/legalnewsroom/… 3 days ago
- It's great to be a part of the team at IowaBiz: Small Business Big Ideas iowabiz.com 3 days ago
- RT @fpileggi: Dell investors may seek court’s ruling on share price shar.es/D6y9s via @sharethis 6 days ago
- 2 Must Know Duties Between Partners in a Partnership #Iowalaw #partnership #iowaatorney #fiduciary #partners #law… wp.me/pJTsp-ib 1 week ago
- Coming to the blog this week: Duties partners owe to their fellow partners and the partnership itself. #iowalaw #partnership #attorney 1 week ago