The Iowa House of Representatives and the Iowa Senate have both passed House File 565, entitled “Corporate Service & Names” (House Passed the bill, 90-0; Senate Passed the bill, 49-0). The proposed law allows for service against a foreign corporation, with respect to an in rem action, which does not have a certificate to do business in the state, by certified mail to the foreign corporation’s secretary at its principal office. The bill further allows a professional LLC to be referred to as a “professional limited company” or abbreviations of that name; such as, PLC. The bill will now go to the Governor for potential signing.
Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- RT @Rollits: Yet another source of potential personal liability for directors rollits.com/news/articles/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @hightechpr305: Shareholder lawsuit not likely to stop the Comcast/TWC merger ift.tt/1gBJdvI 2 weeks ago
- RT @techman01: @mcuban White House makes good on promise to go after patent trolls. Finally! techcrunch.com/2014/02/20/whi… 2 weeks ago
- RT @sgtastemakers: The founder of luxury tea company TWG has filed a lawsuit against majority shareholder OSIM International. 2 weeks ago
- RT @lawyerherald: Time Warner Cable Shareholder attempts to halt $45B Comcast deal with lawsuit lawyerherald.com/articles/4671/… http://t.co/BFjJuIx0… 2 weeks ago