As originally noted here, on March 6, 2013 a bill was introduced in the Iowa legislature to enact several changes to Iowa’s Business Corporation Act (Iowa Code Chapter 490). After receiving unanimous approval from both the Iowa House of Representatives and the Iowa Senate, the bill was sent to Governor Branstad for signature on April 2, 2013. Three days later, April 5, 2013, Governor Branstad signed House File 469 in to law. Click here for a complete copy of the new law. Sign-up (to the right) and follow this blog for future posts addressing how House File 469 amends Iowa law.
Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Can I Force my Corporation to Buy My Stock? wp.me/pJTsp-k7 #iowa #corplaw #shareholder #attorney #exitstrategy 15 hours ago
- Iowa Legislation Signed into Law in 2014 (so far...) #Iowa #law #attorney #legislation #newlaw wp.me/pJTsp-k0 1 week ago
- RT @Mike_Schade: Important story in the WSJ recognizing the power of shareholder activism: More Companies Bow to Investors http://t.co/L6Q5… 3 weeks ago
- RT @CNBCnow: Sotheby's: Board believes poison pill is an important tool to ensure that all Sotheby's shareholders are treated fairly. $BID 3 weeks ago
- Showing Shareholders the Money in Iowa Corporations #iowalaw #iowa #corplaw #attorney #shareholder wp.me/pJTsp-jU 1 month ago