Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Single Taxation Versus Double Taxation and the Iowa LLC corporatedispute.com/2016/01/17/sin… 3 weeks ago
- 3 Key Differences Between an Iowa LLC and a Corporation corporatedispute.com/2016/01/05/3-k… https://t.co/f9dK20Tc9r 1 month ago
- Iowa Shareholders Can Remove a Director From the Board of Directors corporatedispute.com/2015/12/29/iow… https://t.co/RbC0QSet95 1 month ago
- Do Fiduciary Duties Apply Between Equal, 50/50 Shareholders? corporatedispute.com/2015/08/05/do-… 6 months ago
- Protecting Your Trade Secret in the Court of Law corporatedispute.com/2015/07/19/pro… 6 months ago
Tag Archives: Board of Directors Protections
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.
On December 16, 2011, the Iowa Supreme Court published its opinion in Robert Oberbillig et al. v. West Grand Towers Condominium Association, click here for the opinion. The case involved a legal question regarding whether the business judgment rule applies to actions of … Continue reading