Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- RT @LexisNewsroom: Peter S. Vogel: How to Avoid Cloud Contract Disasters lexisnexis.com/legalnewsroom/… 3 days ago
- It's great to be a part of the team at IowaBiz: Small Business Big Ideas iowabiz.com 3 days ago
- RT @fpileggi: Dell investors may seek court’s ruling on share price shar.es/D6y9s via @sharethis 6 days ago
- 2 Must Know Duties Between Partners in a Partnership #Iowalaw #partnership #iowaatorney #fiduciary #partners #law… wp.me/pJTsp-ib 1 week ago
- Coming to the blog this week: Duties partners owe to their fellow partners and the partnership itself. #iowalaw #partnership #attorney 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Board of Directors Protections
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.
On December 16, 2011, the Iowa Supreme Court published its opinion in Robert Oberbillig et al. v. West Grand Towers Condominium Association, click here for the opinion. The case involved a legal question regarding whether the business judgment rule applies to actions of … Continue reading