Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- RT @ProfBainbridge: My article on reverse veil piercing used in ACA mandate litigation brief bit.ly/1baOMeK 1 week ago
- RT @fpileggi: FRCP Amendments Could Change Discovery As We Know It law360.com/productliabili… 2 weeks ago
- RT @fpileggi: Delaware judge orders Wal-Mart to give shareholders more info related to bribery allegations zite.to/175N01X via @zite 3 weeks ago
- RT @ProfBainbridge: Useful Delaware Caremark/Derivative suit opinion bit.ly/121RWDa 3 weeks ago
- RT @fpileggi: Can You Resign from the Board of a Troubled Company? clsbluesky.law.columbia.edu/2013/05/23/can… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: Board of directors
PART I – 2013 Changes to the Iowa Business Corporation Act. This post is the first in a series of posts that will address several changes to the Iowa Business Corporation Act (Iowa Code Chapter 490) as approved by the … Continue reading
On June 21, 2012, in response to Plaintiff alleging HP’s Board of Directors breached their fiduciary duties to the company and its shareholders by failing to implement a succession plan, the Delaware Court of Chancery explained that it is “not … Continue reading
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.
Protecting confidential and non-public information In the criminal world you may have a right to remain silent, but if you are a director in a corporation you have a duty to remain silent. As outlined here, directors of a corporation … Continue reading
The Costs of Legal Proceedings That All Corporate Officers, Directors, and Corporate Counsel Should Consider Arizona law provides several unique protections to directors and officers. Included among these protections is the ability for an officer/director to receive reimbursements and advances … Continue reading