Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- RT @ProfBainbridge: My article on reverse veil piercing used in ACA mandate litigation brief bit.ly/1baOMeK 1 week ago
- RT @fpileggi: FRCP Amendments Could Change Discovery As We Know It law360.com/productliabili… 1 week ago
- RT @fpileggi: Delaware judge orders Wal-Mart to give shareholders more info related to bribery allegations zite.to/175N01X via @zite 3 weeks ago
- RT @ProfBainbridge: Useful Delaware Caremark/Derivative suit opinion bit.ly/121RWDa 3 weeks ago
- RT @fpileggi: Can You Resign from the Board of a Troubled Company? clsbluesky.law.columbia.edu/2013/05/23/can… 3 weeks ago
Tag Archives: director personal liability
PART I – 2013 Changes to the Iowa Business Corporation Act. This post is the first in a series of posts that will address several changes to the Iowa Business Corporation Act (Iowa Code Chapter 490) as approved by the … Continue reading
Holding A Corporation’s Owners Personally Liable – Piercing the Corporate Veil in an Iowa Corporation
Piercing the corporate veil is an equitable remedy employed by Iowa courts “to further the public convenience, cure wrongs, protect against fraud, and advance the ends of justice …” HOK Sport, Inc. v. FC Des Moines, L.C., 495 F.3d 927, 935 … Continue reading
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.