Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Single Taxation Versus Double Taxation and the Iowa LLC corporatedispute.com/2016/01/17/sin… 3 weeks ago
- 3 Key Differences Between an Iowa LLC and a Corporation corporatedispute.com/2016/01/05/3-k… https://t.co/f9dK20Tc9r 1 month ago
- Iowa Shareholders Can Remove a Director From the Board of Directors corporatedispute.com/2015/12/29/iow… https://t.co/RbC0QSet95 1 month ago
- Do Fiduciary Duties Apply Between Equal, 50/50 Shareholders? corporatedispute.com/2015/08/05/do-… 6 months ago
- Protecting Your Trade Secret in the Court of Law corporatedispute.com/2015/07/19/pro… 6 months ago
Tag Archives: Iowa Corporate Litigation
PART II – 2013 Law Eliminates Statutory Authority to Recover Attorneys’ Fees in Derivative Litigation
PART II – 2013 Changes to the Iowa Business Corporation Act. This post addresses yet another substantive change to Iowa law – as adopted by the 2013 legislature – and which relates to the ability to recover reasonable attorneys fees … Continue reading
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.