Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Can I Force my Corporation to Buy My Stock? wp.me/pJTsp-k7 #iowa #corplaw #shareholder #attorney #exitstrategy 2 days ago
- Iowa Legislation Signed into Law in 2014 (so far...) #Iowa #law #attorney #legislation #newlaw wp.me/pJTsp-k0 1 week ago
- RT @Mike_Schade: Important story in the WSJ recognizing the power of shareholder activism: More Companies Bow to Investors http://t.co/L6Q5… 3 weeks ago
- RT @CNBCnow: Sotheby's: Board believes poison pill is an important tool to ensure that all Sotheby's shareholders are treated fairly. $BID 3 weeks ago
- Showing Shareholders the Money in Iowa Corporations #iowalaw #iowa #corplaw #attorney #shareholder wp.me/pJTsp-jU 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Iowa Corporate Litigation
PART II – 2013 Law Eliminates Statutory Authority to Recover Attorneys’ Fees in Derivative Litigation
PART II – 2013 Changes to the Iowa Business Corporation Act. This post addresses yet another substantive change to Iowa law – as adopted by the 2013 legislature – and which relates to the ability to recover reasonable attorneys fees … Continue reading
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.