Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- RT @qz: How Twitter’s board of directors has evolved over time qz.com/154540 http://t.co/zMHrTFMfyZ 1 day ago
- RT @allthingsd: HP and its CEO Must Answer Shareholder Lawsuit Over Disastrous Autonomy Deal -by @ahess247 dthin.gs/1aVcIWI 2 days ago
- RT @HuffingtonPost: Abercrombie rejects shareholder's plan to oust CEO huff.to/1cw7Esy 2 days ago
- Ousting a Corporate Director in Iowa #iowalaw #iowaattorney #boardofdirectors #corplaw #businesslaw #law #legal wp.me/pJTsp-ih 3 days ago
- RT @LexisNewsroom: Peter S. Vogel: How to Avoid Cloud Contract Disasters lexisnexis.com/legalnewsroom/… 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Iowa Courts
A February 27, 2013 Iowa Court of Appeals opinion serves as yet another real-world example of how and why taking the time to set up a formal entity – in this case an Iowa LLC – can benefit and provide protection … Continue reading
Holding A Corporation’s Owners Personally Liable – Piercing the Corporate Veil in an Iowa Corporation
Piercing the corporate veil is an equitable remedy employed by Iowa courts “to further the public convenience, cure wrongs, protect against fraud, and advance the ends of justice …” HOK Sport, Inc. v. FC Des Moines, L.C., 495 F.3d 927, 935 … Continue reading
On January 11, 2012, Iowa Supreme Court Chief Justice, Mark S. Cady, delivered the Condition of the Judiciary. The full text from the Condition of the Judiciary can be found here.