Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Do Fiduciary Duties Apply Between Equal, 50/50 Shareholders? corporatedispute.com/2015/08/05/do-… 3 months ago
- Protecting Your Trade Secret in the Court of Law corporatedispute.com/2015/07/19/pro… 4 months ago
- RT @fpileggi: Fiduciary, Fraud Claims Allowed to Proceed Against Business Sellers at.law.com/GT3TFT via @DelBizCourt 4 months ago
- Protecting Your Business' Trade Secret in a Court of Law corporatedispute.com/2015/07/14/pro… 4 months ago
- Follow State Law or Risk Negligence Per Se Claim corporatedispute.com/2015/07/05/fol… http://t.co/nduYsWevsr 4 months ago
Tag Archives: Iowa Personal Liability
Regardless of whether your family business may be considering taking on debt for a much-needed expansion or whether it is facing liability from a lawsuit or other matter, one question frequently arises: As a shareholder in an Iowa corporation, can … Continue reading
Holding A Corporation’s Owners Personally Liable – Piercing the Corporate Veil in an Iowa Corporation
Piercing the corporate veil is an equitable remedy employed by Iowa courts “to further the public convenience, cure wrongs, protect against fraud, and advance the ends of justice …” HOK Sport, Inc. v. FC Des Moines, L.C., 495 F.3d 927, 935 … Continue reading
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.