Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Iowa Legislation Signed into Law in 2014 (so far...) #Iowa #law #attorney #legislation #newlaw wp.me/pJTsp-k0 2 days ago
- RT @Mike_Schade: Important story in the WSJ recognizing the power of shareholder activism: More Companies Bow to Investors http://t.co/L6Q5… 2 weeks ago
- RT @CNBCnow: Sotheby's: Board believes poison pill is an important tool to ensure that all Sotheby's shareholders are treated fairly. $BID 2 weeks ago
- Showing Shareholders the Money in Iowa Corporations #iowalaw #iowa #corplaw #attorney #shareholder wp.me/pJTsp-jU 3 weeks ago
- RT @CorpCounsel: Abusive lawsuits brought by patent trolls have cost the U.S. economy $500 billion over the last twenty years. #LawFacts 1 month ago
Tag Archives: Shareholder Dissent
Slow Down and Think Twice About Filing a Derivative Claim Before Trying to Inspect Books and Records
The latest case in a string of Delaware Court opinions raises - again - an interesting question regarding a derivative plaintiff’s ability to inspect a corporation’s books and records after he/she files a derivative complaint. In a November 30, 2011 opinion – Central Laborers … Continue reading
Don’t Like Where Management is Taking Your Business? Want Out? Dissent and Get Paid Fair Value For Your Stock.
Arizona law, as well as laws in many other jurisdictions, provide unique opportunities for shareholders to dissent (object, oppose, etc…) and get paid fair value for their stock when the corporation decides to take certain action(s). The law creating this … Continue reading