Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Do Fiduciary Duties Apply Between Equal, 50/50 Shareholders? corporatedispute.com/2015/08/05/do-… 3 months ago
- Protecting Your Trade Secret in the Court of Law corporatedispute.com/2015/07/19/pro… 4 months ago
- RT @fpileggi: Fiduciary, Fraud Claims Allowed to Proceed Against Business Sellers at.law.com/GT3TFT via @DelBizCourt 4 months ago
- Protecting Your Business' Trade Secret in a Court of Law corporatedispute.com/2015/07/14/pro… 4 months ago
- Follow State Law or Risk Negligence Per Se Claim corporatedispute.com/2015/07/05/fol… http://t.co/nduYsWevsr 4 months ago
Tag Archives: Shareholder Dissent
Slow Down and Think Twice About Filing a Derivative Claim Before Trying to Inspect Books and Records
The latest case in a string of Delaware Court opinions raises – again – an interesting question regarding a derivative plaintiff’s ability to inspect a corporation’s books and records after he/she files a derivative complaint. In a November 30, 2011 opinion – Central Laborers … Continue reading
Don’t Like Where Management is Taking Your Business? Want Out? Dissent and Get Paid Fair Value For Your Stock.
Arizona law, as well as laws in many other jurisdictions, provide unique opportunities for shareholders to dissent (object, oppose, etc…) and get paid fair value for their stock when the corporation decides to take certain action(s). The law creating this … Continue reading