Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Iowa’s Open Records Law – Who, What, When, and Why? corporatedispute.com/2016/04/17/iow… https://t.co/C4N4myzWRT 3 months ago
- Single Taxation Versus Double Taxation and the Iowa LLC corporatedispute.com/2016/01/17/sin… 6 months ago
- 3 Key Differences Between an Iowa LLC and a Corporation corporatedispute.com/2016/01/05/3-k… https://t.co/f9dK20Tc9r 6 months ago
- Iowa Shareholders Can Remove a Director From the Board of Directors corporatedispute.com/2015/12/29/iow… https://t.co/RbC0QSet95 7 months ago
- Do Fiduciary Duties Apply Between Equal, 50/50 Shareholders? corporatedispute.com/2015/08/05/do-… 11 months ago
Tag Archives: director personal liability
PART I – 2013 Changes to the Iowa Business Corporation Act. This post is the first in a series of posts that will address several changes to the Iowa Business Corporation Act (Iowa Code Chapter 490) as approved by the … Continue reading
Holding A Corporation’s Owners Personally Liable – Piercing the Corporate Veil in an Iowa Corporation
Piercing the corporate veil is an equitable remedy employed by Iowa courts “to further the public convenience, cure wrongs, protect against fraud, and advance the ends of justice …” HOK Sport, Inc. v. FC Des Moines, L.C., 495 F.3d 927, 935 … Continue reading
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.