Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Iowa law governing a valid #proxy in an Iowa Corporation #shareholder corporatedispute.com/2017/08/25/pro… https://t.co/AGLzDDlVGG 3 months ago
- Shareholder Oppression and “Mistreatment” in Iowa Corporations – The Reasonable (And… corporatedispute.com/2017/08/18/sha… https://t.co/TFaom8hf5u 4 months ago
- Open Records Requests – Fees &@Policies corporatedispute.com/2017/07/28/ope… https://t.co/rogGUZJcJu 4 months ago
- The 2017 Legislative Session, By the Numbers corporatedispute.com/2017/07/20/the… https://t.co/wbKXwoZBR1 5 months ago
- When Owners in an LLC are Personally Liable #iowalaw #businessowner @brownwinick corporatedispute.com/2016/08/11/whe… https://t.co/kTAVTrIppe 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Iowa Corporate Litigation
PART II – 2013 Law Eliminates Statutory Authority to Recover Attorneys’ Fees in Derivative Litigation
PART II – 2013 Changes to the Iowa Business Corporation Act. This post addresses yet another substantive change to Iowa law – as adopted by the 2013 legislature – and which relates to the ability to recover reasonable attorneys fees … Continue reading
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.