Corporate Dispute Attorney
Contact the author:
Matthew H. McKinney, Esq.
BrownWinick Law Firm
Ruan Center, Suite 2000
Des Moines, IA 50309
- Iowa law governing a valid #proxy in an Iowa Corporation #shareholder corporatedispute.com/2017/08/25/pro… https://t.co/AGLzDDlVGG 3 months ago
- Shareholder Oppression and “Mistreatment” in Iowa Corporations – The Reasonable (And… corporatedispute.com/2017/08/18/sha… https://t.co/TFaom8hf5u 4 months ago
- Open Records Requests – Fees &@Policies corporatedispute.com/2017/07/28/ope… https://t.co/rogGUZJcJu 4 months ago
- The 2017 Legislative Session, By the Numbers corporatedispute.com/2017/07/20/the… https://t.co/wbKXwoZBR1 5 months ago
- When Owners in an LLC are Personally Liable #iowalaw #businessowner @brownwinick corporatedispute.com/2016/08/11/whe… https://t.co/kTAVTrIppe 1 year ago
Tag Archives: Iowa Personal Liability
Regardless of whether your family business may be considering taking on debt for a much-needed expansion or whether it is facing liability from a lawsuit or other matter, one question frequently arises: As a shareholder in an Iowa corporation, can … Continue reading
Holding A Corporation’s Owners Personally Liable – Piercing the Corporate Veil in an Iowa Corporation
Piercing the corporate veil is an equitable remedy employed by Iowa courts “to further the public convenience, cure wrongs, protect against fraud, and advance the ends of justice …” HOK Sport, Inc. v. FC Des Moines, L.C., 495 F.3d 927, 935 … Continue reading
Iowa law enables Iowa corporations to extend important personal liability protections to their directors. Specifically, Iowa Code Section 490.202(2)(d) permits corporations to protect directors from personal liability for the directors’ actions and/or omission taken in their capacity as board members.